As business owners, we know all too well how easy it is to get caught up in the day-to-day operations and sometimes lose sight of the big picture.
And this is especially true of marketing. While business owners may know their product or service inside and out, they may not have the same level of expertise when it comes to promoting it to potential customers. That’s where an external viewpoint can be incredibly valuable.
And this is something Mike talked about when he was asked to speak at a recent Business Catalyst Club event on the subject of marketing and what the benefit of a fresh pair of eyes can bring. He did need a box to stand on so people could see him.
A fresh perspective can help you identify blind spots in your marketing strategy and spot new opportunities that you may not have considered before. Think of it like trying to solve a Rubik’s Cube with your eyes closed. A fresh pair of eyes can help you see the colours a bit clearer and maybe even throw in a few cheeky moves you didn’t know existed.
Here are some typical blind spots that we come across when chatting to business owners.
- Neglecting existing customers: Focusing too much on acquiring new customers instead of retaining existing ones can lead to decreased customer loyalty and lower revenue
- Poor audience targeting: Failing to identify the right target audience can result in wasted marketing spend and lower ROI
- Inconsistent brand image: Inconsistency in branding can confuse potential customers and result in a lack of trust and lost sales
- Ignoring social media: Neglecting social media can lead to missed opportunities to engage with customers, reach a wider audience, and build brand awareness
- Lack of measurement and tracking: Failing to track marketing performance can result in wasted marketing spend, missed opportunities, and an inability to optimise marketing efforts for better results.
Getting a fresh perspective on your marketing can be a valuable investment for business owners who want to grow their customer base and increase revenue.